Our B&B is set in a large Victorian house and there is a lot of potential for wasting energy so we are trying to keep this to a minimum. Please read this policy and feel free to contribute if you wish.
- At Glendevon we encourage you to leave your recycling in the recycling bowl under the sink (cunningly disguised as a washing up bowl!). We recycle clean glass, tins, paper, card and plastic bottles.
- In the recycling bowl, there are some spare bags provided. If you have tea bags, vegetable peelings etc. place them in the bags and into the recycling bowl and we can use them in our composter.
- All toilets are fitted with a ‘Water Saver flush bags’ to reduce the amount of water used for flushing.
- Eco-friendy power showers have been installed in all rooms except room 1 which has a sports eco shower.
- All radiators in bedrooms are fitted with thermostats.
- All light fittings are fitted with energy saving light bulbs.
- All electrical appliances that we replace will have a maximum (A) energy rating.
- All Upvc windows have been serviced and repaired throughout.
- All taps have been checked and repaired/replaced if dripping. Please let us know if you notice any faulty taps so that we can repair them as soon as possible.
- Towels are checked daily and if you require fresh towels, please put them in the bath and we will exchange them for fresh ones.
- We ask that televisions and radios are switched off rather than being left on standby when not in use.
- Feel free to recharge your mobile phone and laptop but please switch off at the wall after charging.
- Complimentary Fairtrade tea, coffee, decaffeinated coffee are in all the rooms and Fairtrade tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar are all served in the dining room.
- We use natural cleaning products where appropriate such as vinegar, bicarbonate of soda and some eco-friendly products including elbow grease!
- We have maps, bus and train time tables in all the rooms and welcome walkers and cyclists (Visit Britain assessed).
- Portable hair driers are eco-friendly.